The Dream Flag Project . . .

The Dream Flag Project is a poetry, art, and community-building project open to any adult-led group of students in K-12. The Agnes Irwin School is the home of The Dream Flag Project.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Khumjung Day 4--Closing Up Shop with Speeches and Awards

Khumjung friends--just like at my school.So many people!There's our friend Lhakpa making a speech.Lots of people came to see.These guys had a good view. Not everybody was listening!
Lots of them wanted to know about the Dream Flags.I like this music group from Khumjung school.So many speeches.And awards. . .Look! There's a helicopter.And I saw it land.
Mr. Zeke O'Connor came out. He helped make the hospital here.We watched it land together!There's Mr. Zeke O'Connor. He's helped a LOT of people.

May 29 -- Not too much to say today except that I got to see a real helicopter land! Today was the last day of the Khumjung Celebration.

There were lots and lots of speeches and awards. Oh my. Some were by our friends, though, like Lhakpa Sherpa. And some people who can’t trek as well as I can (because they’re 85 or something like that), flew in on helicopters.

We also got to just walk around and make friends with more kids. I always like that. It was kind of sad to see the celebration end, but it was great, and we were so lucky to be part of it. I know I’ll remember it all my doll life.

Tomorrow we go on a trip to Tengboche, a really old monastery, and I’m ready for more trekking!

No comments:

Post a Comment